Friday, May 23, 2008

My Life...My Bhaiya...

My hand couldn’t reach the top of the fridge. I was forbidden to touch the pickle. The wooden stool squeaked as my toes wobbled under my weight. Silence prevailed all around and I seemed like a thief trying to steal on a summer’s day. My hands were long for a toddler but that didn’t suffice. After a number of unsuccessful attempts I wondered while descending “If only I could be lifted.”

The summer progressed calmly. There was no soul to play with me. As I sat isolated all day and night I was told to read. I read a story which taught me look beyond the limits of a blood to blood relation. Many fairy tales revealed the hidden facts of life. Legends carved out a way which led towards accomplishing ambitions. The details of more intellectual chronicles took away my childhood’s innocence. And I realized that life lacked what most of my other friends possessed…An elder ‘bro’…Life moved on and taught me to face challenges, handle responsibilities and transform good into better. The undulations in life expected someone to hold me before I would trip. My heart wanted to reveal its intricacies to that special person who sees to it that nothing harms you. It is that special person for a girl who revives her life with happiness when she is subjected to wounds that can never heal. The longing of an elder brother transformed into a page in my book of unfulfilled aspirations,

Today when things have changed for the good, when I have found someone who knows me in and out, who sings the most blissful song that life plays, I find myself in the lap of eternity. This is a result of the overwhelming love that I’ve received from a purged soul….my Bhaiya’s soul…

Friendship is the basis of every relation. I’ve lived it after having bonded with you. You know every aspect of my life. Your presence makes my world bloom with the diverse colours of happiness. You are my life and it’s a treat to have the pleasure of sharing my life with you. Bhaiya, thank you would be a very small world to express my gratitude after having been blessed by a ‘bro’ like you.

Bhaiya, I promise that I will be there, forever in life for you. Even when the world and you are at two extremes, you will find me there right next to you, holding your hand. If life betrays the trust that you hold for that special person, you can cry your heart out on my shoulders and find solace in my arms. You can rest in my lap, you will find all the love and strength that’s required to recede things onto the right track. If I’m not around just close your eyes for a while and the essence that we share will transfer a warm hug to you. When pain and sorrow confront you, do not be hesitant to speak, I’ll listen patiently and trust me you will feel better. I will be there bhaiya, always…

Bhaiya, you comprise he tune to which I dance. Life could have never found its way had you not been there so help me find the beacon of light amidst the darkness. I couldn’t have a brother better than you. You mean the world to me. I’ll be there in every walk of your life, but I need you to help me steal the pickle jar, deal?.......I love you Bhaiya…

Just for you bhaiya.....with lots of love.....Akansha.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am literally speechlees. First of all let me say that I am by no means so worthy of such a high complement. Anyway millions of thanks for expressing your limitless love which grows at the rate of light years for me. I am more than priveleged to have a caring, loving and generous sister in Akansha. It's taking me ages to do this bit of writing as I am completely stumped by her write-up. As usual, perfect is the only word which describes it. Going dowm memory lane and if I remember correctly the pickle jar incident that she has mentioned seems to be true. If I have got it all right, it was this cruel bro of yours who complained about the incident to people around. What followed was gruesome. The little girl was scolded and her childish innocence was tested to the full. Let me take this opportunity to seek forgiveness. I hope I live up to your expectations in life. I will not only steal that pickle jar but the whole world and place it in your lap. Your this particular piece of writing has moved me and I shall carry its memory to my death bed. All the best and have a great life

VanDiablo said...

really liked the first paragraph...pickle one...while reading this i really tried to put myself at ur place n felt really good about that...love ur writing...keep it up..

Apeksha said...

its beautiful...every bit of it....your style of writing is just amazing...you know how to play with words to deal with overwhelming emotions....there is grace and gentleness....i loved it....keep writing sis

chefspeaks said...

hey it made me thank my own elder bro!