Thursday, May 15, 2008

An Inextinguishable Hope…


Maa, you held me tight,
As I breathed.
The intense glair couldn't come near,
‘coz you stood in between.
Your touch took me to Paradise.
I returned in a bit, crawling.
Truth had revealed its stern face.

I didn’t find you around,
The search seemed to never end.
No one paid heed to my endless cry,
Eyes longed to witness your soul,
I wanted to sleep in your lap.
The rain seemed to have dissolved you.

I await your return,
The wound refuses to heal.
Tears roll down, hopelessly.
My mind seems to escape from time,
Which tries to examine my strength.
And the heart still hopes the dungeon to shine.

I prefer to reside in your heart,
To ascending the stairs of heaven.
I’ll await you, always,
As I walk along this unexplored road.
Maa
, can you hear me?

. . Lots of Love . .

4 comments:

Deep said...

Gr8 poem... awesome thought! This young lady does have passion for words!
Hope to see more of poems for you!
Keep writing!

Anonymous said...

Well this boy commenting here is her first cousin, Ankoor who from his own little or almost no interaction understands her plight. Before I comment or rather complement the poem I must give you all people an insider's view on the inner beauty of this otherwise gorgeous young lady. She is benovolent to the core and selfless. She is clever and quick-witted. She has that otherwise less prevalent attitude of I-must-be-good-to-all-even-if-others-are-bad-to-me. Now the poemis effective yet simple. Its an insignia of love-hate relationship that mothers share with their daughters as opposed to their limitless love for their sons. i hope Akansha and people reading it agree.Of course there are exceptions to this convention. I hope Akansha's mom not only reads it but burry it in her mind and heart and carry it her soul for ages. Akansha's cry for love is louder than a supersonic boom and lets hope that her mom's deaf ears do respond to it. But having said that I have a piece of advice for Akansha. Adjustment is key to success in life. Adjust, relent to her wishes because she is your mom. A mom shall always be a mom. There is no substitute for her and parents cannot be bought in market. I do hope a day shall dawnn when that supersonic boom reaches your mom's ears

Apeksha said...

it was lovely...you can write great poems...write more...it was a cry less heard....and presents some tense aspects of the world and life...to people who see only the stereotyped...i will not sympathize but will only say...keep up the hope...love you...keep writing

Raul.blogextreme said...

Lovely thoughts Akansha .. really they are the ones who really think for us..so called a complete unconditional love..and this world u know ain't a fair place to live in.. they curse animals..but what about the guy who doesn't look after his mom n dad when they becum old :'( .. ny better? .. But thats the truth.. I love mom a lot..and yea,ur thoughts have imbibed a lot more into me.. :)