Monday, March 24, 2008

Friendship or Love?

According to me, the two most important things in life are friendship and love. My life revolves around these two eternal feelings that engross human life in all the diverse colours possible. Both, friendship and love hold a lot of importance , perhaps equally in life. But, when the two have to confront each other, a battle begins. A battle where anything and everything can be used to win except for cheating. It is a war where no one loses, neither does anyone win. However, when such a situation arises in life, it becomes impossible to choose one over the other. Nevertheless, this situation has occurred in many lives so far. When one goes out of their way to choose, be it friendship or love, it has made an impact on the life ahead of the individual.

If I had to describe friendship, I would just state that it is one of the purest feelings that one comes across. Friendship is the elixir of my life. Love doesn't require an introduction. The word, LOVE is enough to state everything that it hold to fill tranquility in one's life. One can live without love but it is very difficult and frightening to imagine a world without friends. As a result it is so often said,"Friends needn't be lovers, but lovers have to be friends." Friendship finds it way everywhere, even in a feeling as eternal as love. If it is hard to find Love, it is harder to find friendship. In today's scenario, the teeming millions consider love as an accessory to be bought, used and thrown as thrash. Despite having no knowledge about friendship, many souls misuse the tag of friendship for their good, often harming the other adversely.
If friendship leaves one mentally disturbed after betrayal, then the betrayal in love deprives one of their soul. One may never live life with the same trust in anyone after having experienced betrayal in friendship. But, when one is subjected to tripping and falling down in love, the person's life can never be the same again. Indeed, the person may never again live life. At such a stage in life, it is one and only friendship that comes to the rescue. It is not easy for one to live life after having tasted sorrow in love. But, friendship outperforms that hurdle and gifts a new life to the victim.
In due respect of this fact of my life, I have realised that friendship is the most essential part of life. It teaches one everything. As a result laureates say,"One needs to trip and stand up again on his feet to realise the mystery of living life in the right way." I've learnt that both in friendship and in love. And I feel blessed to have witnessed moments of utter grief, they've taught me to live life the way it moves on. The ultimate pain in Love's and Friendship's betrayal is something that I had never expected in my life. However, as the most unexpected things in life come true, so did this one. I trembled to trust anyone again when I confronted a fiasco in friendship at school. I shattered into pieces when I met with the same accident in love, a year later. But by then things had taken a turn for the good. My friends became my family, my breath, my life, when they helped me march ahead to live a happier life...

Perhaps, that led to the realisation that Friendship is my life.
That's why today i choose Friendship over Love. As I had earlier said, this choice will leave an indelible mark for the life ahead of me. But then at every stage in life, my friends shall matter the most, no matter what. They mean the world to me. They comprise the music of my life, to which I am dancing, happily and I will continue to do so forever 'coz I know "Love is not my cup of tea", so I'm happy to choose Friendship that'll spread and help me spread happiness and love all around.


Avec beaucoup d'amour~Akansha

No comments: